Friday, July 1, 2011

CPD23 Thing 1 - The Internal Authorisation of Fun actually changes the record

I really wasn't going to do this at all. 

It looked interesting, it looked kind of fun. 

But then I never feel I have the time for anything much professional just for fun or interest. So I dismissed the idea.

What I usually have is a rampaging professional To Do list full of Necessary large enough to fill anyone's head or time. Because of that 'because I feel like it' or 'fun' tends to get very short shift as a sole reason to do anything. Plus it's yet another thing to juggle.

So what changed my mind? Simply put, I've been reading a lot of the CPD23 Thing 3 posts on personal brand yesterday and today in cracks between other things.  They're really fascinating. The thoughts, the personalities, the views.

So yes, I've been won over, so let's give it a (slightly late!) whirl (no change there then!).

So all in all I'm giving myself permission to spend time on something that isn't on the Necessary To Do list or on an Urgent one (shock, horror, sounds of revolving paperclips etc), that doesn't hugely relate to anything or anyone else, but more personal in ambit perhaps and a fun stretch.  We all get so het up on what we feel we should be doing and just trying to keep up with it.

So I'm doing this to vary the record slightly for a wee bit and see what occurs in result.
Because I should allow myself that more often.
And it will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment