Wednesday, November 30, 2011

CPD23 Thing 18 Part 2 - The finish line was not recorded in a photo finish

Well to an extent I'm admitting defeat. It is late afternoon of the Last Day of the Extended Deadline and the Virgin train I'm on from London town to Glasgow is frankly not playing fair. And I want to finish today.

By  Preston I'd achieved a seat with a plug and a working internet connection (hurrah she notes weakly).

Having half a Thing left to do (screencasting part of Thing 18) I therefore had renewed hopes of the journey. I reminded myself of the text of what we were supposed to be doing, had a look at some other CPD23 blogs on it, decided against Jing (something I can't use in work has very few uses) and for Screencast-o-matic (winning by a fair country mile out of the blogs I looked at and doesn't even need to be downloaded) and went for a play about with it (intended).

However the internet connection is a bit slow and dodgy to say the least and just does not want to play nice with Screencast-o-matic despite a few attempts at getting to the point I can try to record something.

So in the light of this and my very very weary body from a more than normally mad November schedule and week I'm calling a halt on today's attempt.  I shall go have a proper look at leisure from a fixed point internet connection and perhaps up-date this entry or post a new one in result, but it won't be tonight when I intend to find lunch (as it's gone 5pm) and then sleep.

So on a slightly fatalistic note I declare CPD23 finished. Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment