Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Carneige Medal Shortlist Reading finished for another year..

I finished last week actually and up-dated the Shadowing Sight for the group I'm in. 

However didn't get around to mentioning it here.


What I enjoyed reading most of this years Shortlist were:-

Patrick Ness

Whose books I love and had never read any of before I started Carnegie Shdowing three years ago.  So wasn't any great surprise to me that I utterly adore this.






David Almond

Never read Skellig (his previous one to this that follows on from Mina) or any by him before. I will definitely be reading Skellig over the summer now.  Really loved this and want to know what happened after.




Lissa Evans

Again, really enjoyed this one. I love sci-fi / fantasy style books anyway, but this one is clever as clockwork and a highly enjoyable read.




A Good Read is a Good Read

Carnegie is a childrens reading prize.

But if any adults feel like casting off the joys of linear time that have made them adults for a few hours, I would definitely recommend all of these. Highly enjoyable for adults and children alike!


Tomorrow is only a day away (but I still really dislike Annie the Musical and film)

Looking forward to seeing who wins tomorrow on the Carnegie judging criteria!

And then roll on next year...


Addendum -

And the winner was indeed announced and I'm delighted it was Patrick Ness.  Even more delighted the illustrator won the Greenaway Prize for illustration for the same book.  So, a double win for A Monster Calls for the first time in Carnegie history. Not bad going...!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment