Monday, May 13, 2013

A Picture Post - Carnegie Reading Time Of Year

It seems to me I'm writing lots of very long text-laden blog posts at the moment (mini-series on issues relating to job hunting).

So I want to break it up a bit inbetween these with some short and lighter things that are more image-focused.  

Carnegie seems a good place to start...



 Carnegie Time Of Year

Every year recently (I think this is my 4th year, could be wrong) I've been taking part in a CILIP Carnegie Medal Shadowing Reading Group. Which I usually schedule in fairly rigorously to ensure I'll make it through  the shortlist and do everything for in time.


To Carnegie Or Not To Carnegie

This year I'm in transit. I wasn't initially sure I had the time or the will to do Carnegie this year in result.  But I decided to give it a go, because I knew I enjoyed it and found it worthwhile. 

Organisation? You laugh - what's that again?

I'm way off my usual organised schedule approach this year. Nevertheless I've made my way through 6 of the 8 on the shortlist.


The End In Sight

Winner is announced 19th June so I think I'll comfortably make it after all (yay!).

The books illustrated on this post are the six I've read so far.

Overall

Is it worth it?  Yes, it is.  I'll probably do a general post on the whole thing once I've finished, but I certainly think it's the best overall shortlist I've read so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment