Friday, January 2, 2015

Musings on 2014... Letting Go...


I spent a very restful part of Xmas Eve afternoon unsubscribing from lots of email alerts, email lists, going through and tightening social media settings on my home inbox... and I felt no guilt, only sheer relief.

In an ideal world there are lots of things I would keep up with from all kinds of current and past professional doing's.

As it is by the time I get home from work, something about dinner is done... my urge to retrospectively read a seething inbox daily of the last 23 hours of everyone elses' activity on professional and personal matters... is really fairly weak.

I gaze at the sheer acreage of it all and I wince as I try to pick out the things I actually want or need to know about from the monster pile. 

So it needed something done about it, I just hadn't found the energy or time to do it.

As I wasn't remotely getting through it anyway, what use was it actually serving (other than to glare balefully at me nightly)?

I now have hopes for 2015 to be able to actually see the relevant things in it and for a daily trickle I can cope with and do things about rather than the flood of creation.

And don’t get me wrong, letting go is sad in a way. But life changes, can’t keep everything and add on all the time ad infinitum. Eventually, it's what’s feasible that matters, and concentrate on what’s most important.

I have a decluttering urge. Streamlining is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment