Saturday, October 22, 2011

CPD23 Thing 4 – Tidy Up Underway On Things I Appear Not To Have Posted On

Because I decided to do CPD23 a few weeks after the Programme had started there are Things from the beginning of the Programme that in the sheer attempt to keep up with In-Coming In-Coming new Things I never posted on.
Like the White Rabbit I’m Late, I’m Late finishing CPD23 anyway (mainly still got Thing 18 to do) so also going back and making sure I’ve covered the early stuff blog-wise. I suppose I want to know when I’m finished that I’m REALLY finished (otherwise it’ll niggle).
Thing 4 is, thankfully, easy to fill and short and sweet and about using Twitter, RSS feeder, and Pushnote.

Twitter
I think I’ve covered my Twitter use more that sufficiently in at least two of my posts relating to later CPD23 Things (Thing 3 on personal online brands and Thing 12 on role of social media) so (hurray) – not going to go back over old ground here.

RSS
Well here I should admit that my last RSS Reader is long abandoned, I used it for a good while (honest guv!), but I just found that the sheer time it took to go to it and read through things wasn’t available to me and it floundered at some forgotten point… So under the aegis of giving it another go have set up a Very Focused Small set of feeds on Google Reader (might as well, seem to have so many Google things going now mostly due to CPD23 it makes sense to move it).  I’ve put in a small amount of stuff – a) because I see it’s changing next week anyway(!) so no point spending time on aspects that will vanish and change; and b) it’s the time thing.
How does it compare to my former RSS Reader?  Well initially I wasn’t exactly impressed. However, it’s a new Reader to me, and it’s about to change anyway. Proper look next week at the changes.
Do I feel it enhances life to be back on stream with a Reader?  I would have said no, that anything really important I’ll pick up through Twitter or be emailed about anyway.  But actually its done me a good turn already I have to admit, something I wouldn’t otherwise have noticed, which in under a day is not doing badly.

Pushnote
I have never used this but I well recall from reading lots of posts on it at the time that not a lot of people found it exactly useful. As it isn’t available for the browser I use I have cheerfully decided I know it exists, what it’s supposed to do, have read a range of opinions on it. And that will suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment